Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Tasks

I can add tasks to my calendar in Google. Is it possible to show these tasks in Checker Plus?

Comments

• I haven't gotten around to tasks as they are a whole different application unto themselves and would require more permissions.

• Got it. Thanks!

• This looks like the most recent thread on Tasks.

I just wanted to put in a request for being able to view scheduled Google Tasks in Checker Plus. I don't care so much about unscheduled Tasks and I don't care if I can't mark them as complete in CP, if that makes a difference.

• Just another vote for tasks to be viewable in Checker Plus as they are in the normal calendar

• +1 for showing the Tasks calendar from Google calendar in Checker Plus! I keep missing my work tasks because I don't get reminders on them. :-(

• Any chance we can put a bounty on this? :D We all agree to put into a task fund?

• @JasonCase Tasks is in the pipeline, i've been hesistant to add it for many reasons including that I myself don't use it and therefore it needs separate testing because I don't use it everyday unlike the rest of the calendar event features. I've just pushed a big round of features, optimizations and bug fixes that had higher priority. However, if you do have some time :) ... perhaps you can explain how do you think I should integrate Tasks into extension. Can you snooze them, dismiss then, checkmark them ...

• "Can you snooze them"

I would prefer to be able to snooze them. Generally I have tasks as a todo where some have actual due dates but most just get pushed to the next day. I would love to put them into "meeting slots" and alert as if they were a meeting. This would truly be amazing.

"dismiss them/checkmark them"

Yes, I would like to be able to mark them as complete. I would love if there was a setting that moved all open tasks to the next day and maybe even pop an alert to see if any were complete "yesterday".

At a minimum I would like to be able to have "all day tasks" that move to the next day automatically so I can see them listed as "all day events" like they do in google calendar. Google calendar does not automatically move them but they do show them as all day events.

Not sure if this helps. Would be happy to have a meeting to work through it if it would help you.

• @JasonCase Thanks for the feedback. So it would appear you're looking for very similar actions that can be take on events through the extension reminder window. Dismiss, snooze to next day or time etc. My idea was to simply list tasks with the events when they are due and probably add a "task" icon to identify them among the events. Note that you can use the top right actions to snooze or dismiss all events/tasks in the window. What do you think?

• Hi Jason

I recently started using Tasks and discovered that they did not trigger reminders even when set with a specific time. So I am eager for your addition of Tasks support.

My #1 request is simply for tasks to generate reminders if (and only if) they have a date and/or time set.

Beyond that, the ability to snooze/postpone tasks (I.e. I'm not going to do it today, but I want to be reminded this afternoon, tomorrow, etc) would be great. Ideally doing this would change the date/time of the actual Task in Calendar (i.e. just move the task to the new, snoozed time) but I don't know if that's feasible technically.

Any sense of when this will be rolling out? For now, I'm just doing everything that needs a reminder with calendar events but that's kind of awkward.

• @Jason I like this. Having them show up like a normal meeting is perfect and I would snooze them accordingly. This would be awesome. I would love to have something either the next morning or at end of day to ask if I would like to move tasks to the next day. They sit on a date in google calendar. I'd like them to move to the next day if not completed.

• edited March 20

@Jill Peaslee @JasonCase So it appears I can determine the due date of Tasks, but not specifically their time, this means I would only be able to display and possible remind you in the morning of your Tasks (similar to all day events). Is that a show stopper or would that work?

My next question is what portion of Tasks do you actually set a specific time to?

• edited March 22

@Jason Personally I set specific times on a lot of my tasks. Historically I have set calendar events, but trying to use Tasks now that we switched to Google Workspace. Ideally reminders would be at the due date and time, but I understand that is dependent on Google API data.

• edited March 22

@Jill Peaslee Interesting, so what advantage does Tasks have over Events, because from my point of view Events and many more extensive features, different reminder times and more details etc.

• @Jason To be honest, I'm not entirely sure yet other than the separation on the calendar for actual Task events vs meetings/appointments.

• Tasks show up in the todo list apps. My tasks all sync to my phone and there are many apps that do that. So the difference for me is the management of them. I will say, if there was a extension like the calendar and gmail extensions for tasks, I would use that too. That may be easier to do from your perspective. Then it's not cluttering your code for calendars. Then you could have task specific reminders and quickly see todays due tasks, tomorrows due tasks, all tasks, completed tasks, undated tasks. I don't know. That may be a way easier and cleaner way to do it and it would definitely solve my wish list.

• Good news I've integrated Tasks into the calendar extension!

1) Force extension update to latest version https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

2) Select the Tasks calendar from the extension popup window https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Visible_calendars_in_popup_window

• @Jason I'm a bit confused, can tasks not be added from the extension itself? Only pull from my tasks I add from a different app?

• @Bryce Roar You can add, edit and delete Tasks in my calendar extension. Just select a day in the calendar and select Task (instead of Event). Note you must enable the Tasks 1st ...Select the Tasks calendar from the extension popup window https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Visible_calendars_in_popup_window

• So far so good. I've been using this and it's great. My only gripe is if you change tasks it doesn't always catch it. Sometimes I change the date to move it forward and it automatically moves it to that date in the UI. Sometimes it stays where it is and doesn't show the change, but if i go to google calendar then it shows it on the changed date. Something weird there. But if I manually drag the task to another day then it seems to work every time.

• @JasonCase glad to hear, note that caching issue has been fixed recently, force the extension update with this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

• @Jason Could you add a keyword in the quick add "text-box" to add a task quick like that? That would be awesome.

• @Bryce Roar when using the quickadd to which day do you usually add the task to? Today, tomorrow? Note that the API currently does not support tine specific tasks, just days.

• @Jason Almost always today

• Agreed. Today

• @Bryce Roar @JasonCase Would being able to select the task "calendar" from the quick add dropdown solve the issue?

• @Jason Yeah that would make it much faster

• @Bryce Roar Ok I just added tasks to the quick add calendars, in v27.5.5

Force extension update to latest version https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Extension_Updates

• Hi Jason, this was an amazing enhancement! Kudos to you. I do have one strong request. I am a huge fan of quick add since I don't have to use the mouse at all. But with the addition of tasks, I have to select Tasks from the drop down using a mouse/cursor. Is there any kind of shortcut so that I can select tasks when creating an event without having to use the mouse to select the various options from the dropdown?

• @Krishna R So there is an option in the General tab of the extensions to choose a default "calendar" would this resolve the issue if "Tasks" was always selected by default in the dropdown? Or do you most often add events vs tasks?

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!