Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

When I try to Record Screen I get this TypeError

Unable to successfully record screen (i haven't ever been able to)

Comments

• I tried uninstalling and i get the same issue :(

• Are you initiating this from the button menu? Or the right click ?

• From the right click.

I just tried the button menu and I understand the issue now, you have to initially enable mic from this menu and then the context menu now works.

Thank you!

• Loving the screen-sharing capabilities but still can't figure out how to Enable the Mic for when I record my screen.

• @Laura E. Becker

Are you clicking the mic button on the right and accepted any prompts that appeared?

• That's the issue I believe. There are no prompts related to the mic after I click it; the only screen that shows up next is the "which screen do you want to share?" one.

• Ok and when you play back the video is there a mic or muted mic at the bottom right...

• @Laura E. Becker forgot to mention you, read previous message.

• @Jason Muted Mic! Can't be changed.

• @Laura E. Becker

Ok so that's a sign the mic was not given permission, do you know if the mic works? with skype, zoom etc?

Can you try reinstalling the extension.

• Yes, it does work with Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc. but perhaps do I need to set it up in the System Preferences somewhere? I assumed this would prompt me to go there but nothing.

• edited June 18

@Laura E. Becker let's give the reinstall of the extension a try, as it should prompt you for the mic confirmation when attempting to use the mic the 1st time with the extension.

• ok - sounds good, thanks! I'll let you know.

• Alright - that seemed to do the trick. Thanks Jason! Appreciate it and appreciate the extension.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!