Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Ctrl + click behavior for "Open in new tab" changed

Hello,

Recently (past couple days), the behavior for the "Open in new tab" button has changed. Previously, I would hold ctrl and press this button to open the email in a new tab in the background so I can quickly go through my emails. This feature was incredibly useful to me. Now, when I ctrl + click the button, it switches my active tab to the email, also sometimes using the same new tab I had previously created. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Can you send me a screenshot of this button before you click it just for some context.

• Can you try reinstalling the extension, because I just tested it and it did open a new window, this might been fixed in the very latest version, let me know.

• Perhaps I did not explain the issue well enough. It does open a new tab with Gmail but only if there is not a Gmail tab already open. If there is a gmail tab already open, it opens the email in that tab, overwriting the email already in that tab. This is not useful for me because I like opening a lot of emails all at once in all separate tabs. I would usually not be complaining if this was the expected behavior but it definitely worked previously, opening emails in several new tabs. I just reinstalled the extension btw, no change in behavior.

• ok, I understand where we were confused, your indicating the open beside the email and not the general open Gmail at top of the window.

I will queue this for development, thanks for the details.

• Thanks, sorry for the confusion. Are you aware of anything that changed recently in a new version, perhaps? Could also be something in Chrome that changed, I guess.

• It's probably me with a recent update, I'm constantly adding features and maintaining code that occasionally bugs like this occur, it's the nature of the development cycle.

• Good news this has been integrated into v22.1 you should already have the automatic update or very soon.

• Yeah, it works now. Thanks so much for fixing it!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!