Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

type error: Cannot read property: seticon of undefined ...

I've been going through issues for the past 3 or so weeks where CP for Gmail fails in varying manners. As I read in other support discussions, I have uninstalled and reinstalled over 6 times. It does "seem" to crop up after I have shut down and restarted, but not always. I am running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (I know I should upgrade) and Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Interestingly, clicking the icon does show unread emails on all accounts and their respective counts, where on previous occasions it failed completely to see any emails. This time I think the only issue is the icon does give any indication of whether or not any unread emails exist, so you're previous changes were effective.

Finally, as you can see in the subject line, I cannot read the complete error message to pass on to you. Is there a way to do that? I am running on a desktop with a large screen.

Thanks for your fabulous work, Jason.

Comments

• The latest version 22.0.2.4 should have fixed this seticon error, try reinstalling to that version to make sure (i know i've been pushing lots of updates in the last few days to tackle this issue - note that I have only targetted 5% of my users with these update so it's only affecting these users), and yes it's related to the startup mainly - so that's how to test it.

If you continue seeing an error send me the error logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!