Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Can't get voice notifications to work

I tried all the options in the FAQ but still can't get the voice to read out the message. I can hear the ding, but nothing after that. What do I need to do to get this working. It was working fine until about a couple of weeks ago.

Comments

• Did you refer to this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Voice_Notifications#Voice_issues

and does the test button work in the extension options .. voice notifiations

• I got it to work, I disabled both my Ad Blocker Google extension and my McAfee Real time protection and it worked. Then I re-enabled them and its still working. Don't know which one was blocking it and why after re-enabling it still works. I shouldn't have done both of them at the same time so I can tell which one was blocking it, but I just glad it's working.

Sorry to bother you. I should have figured that out myself.

• I'm having the same trouble. I wish I could contact Jason. I get the notifications (The pop-ups) but no voice.

• There are allegedly several comments about this but I can't see them.

I just got am email saying that "Jason commented on No Voice". I clicked on "View discussion" and got a blank screen.

• edited about three weeks ago

My checker plus has not done anything because it is always gray

• Just FYI, it quit again and I know it's n not my Ad Blocker or my McAfee because it worked fine for years with it on. After playing around with it for half a day, I changed the voice from Microsoft David to another Microsoft voice and it worked. Now here is the funny thing. when I changed it back David it was still working. I don't know why but maybe you do.

• @John G. Brown Jr. Ok when or if you notice the issue again, try sending me the error logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

Another suggestion would be to try the native voice and see if that one causes issues.

• FYI I was a Computer Programmer Analysis for years so I know a few things about computer programming.

Well it happened again, so I look at the logs and it was having problems with Google Authentication. So I uninstalled the extension and reinstall and set login through the Chrome browser and everything has been working fine since. Should have just read your FAQ more closely.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!