Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

keyboard shortcut for right click and create event of highlighted text

Hi Jason, your extension is absolutely the best in the entire store. Thank you. I usually use it to highlight the text on the web or what I have written that has the event, date and time, and then right click Checkplus menu and select "Quick add..". It works flawlessly. I was just wondering is there anyway I can do this with a keyboard shortcut?

Comments

• ok good suggestion, i'll add them to the keyboard shortcuts in the next update https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Create_keyboard_shortcuts_for_Chrome_extensions

• Good news, this has been added in v27.0

• Hi Jason, wanted to follow up on this request. I still don't see this particular shortcut. What am I overlooking here?

• Yup, it's there, just the shortcut key of your choice for the "Quick Add" option.

• I saw that. And that is indeed helpful. Thank you for that. I was expecting it to also self/auto-open the event to add time and/or location. Do you see it would be worthwhile adding that somehow? I think it would be a nice improvement.

So the desired action would be:

1. Highlight the text
    2. Press shortcut key for Quick Add
    3. The event pops up open with ability to add time and/or location.

• Hmm then that wouldn't be a "quick" add anymore :)

The option is usually meant to actually highlight a time and title, in other words if you highlight the words in an article like "hockey game tomorrow at 3pm" then the time is automatically saved.

• I hear ya. I didn't know that it had the ability to parse out time too. I will try it.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!