Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

apps and extensions

Is there any such thing as too many extensions? to where they become harmful to your computer?and on the apps do you keep them running in the backgrounds only or not at all period? I have had my hardrive wiped cleaned out before and quite frankly hacked into from facebook and I dont stay up with all the xtra media coverage so I want to protect my stuff as best as possible from that happening again.

Comments

• Good question. Having too many will use up a lot of resources like cpu and storage usage which overtime will eventually breakdown. Second the sheer number increases the possibility of malevolent extensions. I recommend removing extensions that have average to low ratings and go over the reviews again. Overtime extension are updated and may become bloated or vulnerable, or on the other hand they could step up their security and efficiency like my extensions :) It depends on much time the developer puts into it.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!