Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Images Not Showing in USPS Mail

Previous to your latest release, I could see a preview of images coming from USPS. I see the images if I open the mail in GMail. I also see images in mail that I receive from numerous other senders but something is blocking them in mail I receive from USPS.

My Chrome browser has been restarted and the extension reinstalled per your suggestion.

Extension v22.0

Chrome v79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank you,

Stephen

Comments

• Can you forward that email to contact@jasonsavard.com

• Thanks for the email.

Looks like then sender is having issues with their email, because the missing image also happened on my Gmail app for Android

• I'm using K-9 Mail for Android and I see them when I open them in that but not in GMail for Android. Hmmm

• I'm experiencing the same thing on the web version too. I get the email, it shows no pictures. I go into my email, they're all there.

• @Aly Gammill Which email senders is this happening with?

Can you send me a screenshot.

• I will send one tomorrow morning when I get the email again. :)

• Same here. Sender is USPSInformedDelivery@usps.gov. Let me know if you need any other info. Version 22, Chrome 79.0.3945.130, MacOS 10.15.2

By the way, when I clicked on it first time this morning (after noticing this problem for days) I got a nasty error and I clicked the 'Send' button which took me here, and I saw this as the first post in the thread. Not sure if you got the error details.

• @judi.sohn My tests concluded that even when not using my extension (just the Gmail App on my tablet) the issue was still there. You'll have to contact this sender about the issue.

• I agree with Jason. This is an issue with the sender and how images are now being served, and or how GMail is handling them because like I said, I can view them in K9 Mail.

• @Jason I'm not following you. I'm looking at the Gmail App on my iPhone XS and the message's images are showing with no issue, same as when I load Gmail in the browser. It's only an issue in the extension for me. What am I missing? Thanks.

• @judi.sohn Can you forward me the email in question to support@jasonsavard.com

• Okay, I found one recently that was mostly junk mail that I feel comfortable sending. I did remove one image manually, but enough is left for you to see.

• @judi.sohn Thanks for the email, I was able to find a bug that will be fixed in the next update v22.0.1

In the meantime there might be an alternative right now by using the manual add method https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods

• Thank you @Jason - glad you were able to chase that down.

• I can confirm that adding the account manually solved the problem with USPS. I'm going to keep them like that since there are some added benefits that I wasn't aware of (real-time vs polling).

• Same here. The images use to always show up, but recently a blank

• This is also happening to me. The images from USPS don't show up, but they do when I open Gmail.

• @LoriKale Refer to the solution by me a couple of messages above.

• I have switched back from adding the account manually because I'm seeing duplicate emails which is worse than not seeing images for USPS.

I guess, I'll wait until a proper fix is released with v22.0.1

@Jason let me know if you need testers, I'll be happy to help!

• edited Friday

@felipe.castillo Done, v22.0.1 is out, you can reinstall to force the update. Although I would be curious about these duplicate messages. Have you tried double clicking the refresh button in the popup window? Are you using conversation view - we might want to create a new discussion for this issue.

• I can confirm that v22.0.1 has fixed this issue. Thanks so much!!!

Here's a link about the duplicate problem:

https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/5789/duplicate-emails-when-adding-accounts-manually

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!