Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Cannot change any settings

Uncaught Error: trans abort: QuotaExceededError (js/common.js 4546) SEND FEEDBACK

Comments

• Have you uploaded custom sounds?

Have you tried reinstalling the extension?

Lastly try this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Chrome_issues

• Hi Jason,

Custom sounds can be played after selection, and same error appears.

Yes. This message shows up after reinstall. Before, it said corrupted browser profile, and no email is being received.

My modified flags are: Smooth scrolling, Overscroll history navigation, and Pull-to-fresh gesture, all disabled.

Thank you.

• Ah so yes corrupted browser profile will require you to recreate the profile unfortuneatly ... https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Corrupt_browser_profile

• Lol thanks a lot. I tried to re-install Chrome and it failed. For some reason restarting Windows 10 fixed it. Everything is back normal.

• I am getting this error when I try to make changes to my Checker Plus settings:

Uncaught Error: trans abort: QuotaExceededError (js/common.js 4546)

I shutdown and restart my system every day. I have not done any Windows upgrades. I'm not sure what happened. It seems to have suddenly stopped working.

I also noticed that my popups are staying there until I close them. It doesn't close them after 5 seconds as it used to do.

• @Theresa Desko Have you tried reinstalling the extension? The error seems to indicate too much big data was saved, usually uploaded custom sounds etc.

• I shutdown last night, and I just uninstalled and reinstalled the extension, and I am still getting the same error:

Uncaught Error: trans abort: QuotaExceededError (js/common.js 4546)

• @Theresa Desko When you reinstalled did you change any settings? next reinstall try only changing one simple setting and see if that works?

If that fails, i'll refer you to this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Corrupt_browser_profile

• I reinstalled and tried to change just one setting (Display Account Receiving Emails), and I still get the same error.

I did try to follow the Corrupt browser link, but my browser is controlled by my company, so I cant' make the suggested changes.

• Hmm the company controller part might be part of the cause.

Have you tried clearing cache or data in the browser, do you have other extensions that might consuming lots of storage? Try removing them.

Did this issue just occur recently? how long have you had the extension?

• I did not use a company controlled computer and I got the same problem. It seems that either Windows or Chrome got a faulty update recently that messed up Chrome profile storage. Given the fact that it happened to me overnight and my computer is configured not to install Windows updates silently, I expect it to be a buggy Chrome version. As mentioned before, when I tried to re-install Chrome I got an error from Chrome installer saying I did not have enough storage for the program, which was not true. Restarting Windows fixed the problem. I did not rebuild my profile; actually after I uninstalled and re-installed Chrome, my accounts were still there.

• Thanks Yvon for the details, I forgot to mention @Theresa Desko in my last message, it does seems like a Chrome issue, hopefully our last messages in this thread can provide some insight with a possibility of reinstalling Chrome.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!