Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

X does not dismiss notification despite setting

When I clicked the X, I got this message:

Despite this setting:

Not a deal breaker but thought you would want to know.

Comments

• Interesting, you were probably doing some tests but essentially when using "Popup window" option you should not be presented with those Clicking X on notification options.

Because those are for the "Rich notification" refer to the screenshot below...

• I am set to Rich Notifications. The X to dismiss does not appear. When I clicked on the notification, then the pop-up opened.

So maybe the thing I posted initially is expected behavior, but I am missing the ability to dismiss the rich notification.

• Here's what I get as a rich notification with no online meeting defined.

When there is an online meeting, the link to that meeting appears where the dismiss X appears in your image.

I do want the meeting link in the notification; that setting is intentional on my part. Does having that conflict with the dismiss X?

• Ah good suggestion, so when an event with no meeting link appears it should substitute the button with a x to dismiss.

• OK, so a conflict between the two is expected behavior? I.e. you can have either the X to dismiss or a second notification button, but not both?

Is there any other way to dismiss the rich notification directly? Or do I need to open Windows notification center to dismiss it?

• edited about a month ago

So yes there are a maximum of 2 buttons.

For the dismiss issue there is a workaround that I use myself,

In the Windows notification options for Chrome, i've disabled notifications from going into the action center - and magically a small x appears at the top right of notifications instead of the arrow.

• Oh, that's cool. I didn't know about that setting. (Had to hunt around a bit, but I found it.)

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!