Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Bugs With Pop-Up Reminders Window

Hi there,

The reminders window seems buggy.

For example, an appointment whose name I changed in Google didn't get changed in the reminders window.

I tried closing the window, then reopening it (via the bell icon in chrome-extension://hkhggnncdpfibdhinjiegagmopldibha/options.html#notifications), but the old name persists.

I'm using Chrome in Windows 10.

There are other issues, but let's start with this one.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Is the event from your main calendar?

Have you tried using the refresh button at the top right of the popup window (not reminders window)

• edited December 2019

Thanks for your speedy reply. I thought those two windows are the same?

Here's what I see on the pop-up window:

Are you referring to somewhere else?

Thanks.

• edited December 2019

This is the popup window with the refresh button at the top right (accessible via the calendar icon in the toolbar) - confusing i know, perhaps i'll call it the calendar popup window.

• Thanks.

Confusing indeed. :) Maybe "pop-up window from the Chrome extension icon"?

Going that route brings up a window that still has the old appointment name...

• and did you click the refresh button in that calendar popup window?

• Yes, to no avail...

I click the Chrome-extension icon.

I click the "refresh" button.

I click the yellow notification icon that brings up the pop-up reminders window.

• can you try double clicking the refresh quickly and see if the appointment name is changed in the calendar popup window.

• Done. Nothing.

• Can you try renaming another event from your main calendar in Google Calendar and see if it's reflected in the extension calendar window? you can try refresh and all etc.

• Done. No change.

• Have you tried restarting the browser?

Last resort would be reinstalling,

but generally events updates are synced in real-time or at worse they're is a fail safe of refreshes every few hours.

Is this the first time you notice an unsycned change?

• Yes.

And done.

Unfortunately, this thing is worse than buggy. I fear it's profoundly flawed. Today, some of my old appointments have completed disappeared, on top of the existing problems.

I appreciate your help, but I need a solution that's more stable and reliable than this.

Thank you.

• I and several users have been successfully relying on this extension for 10 years now.

Issues may arise sometimes, but I'm quick to respond to them and find solutions, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!