Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Gmail popup window shortcut not working: '#' - delete

Keyboard Shortcuts\Extension popup window shortcuts\Gmail popup window shortcuts

'#' - delete

... is not working for me

Comments

• edited December 2019

I just tested and it works for me, are you using the dafault checker plus window or inbox view? https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Popup_window

Another guess is you might be using a different keyboard layout, which one are you using? Can you try switching temporarily to an english one and see if it's related to that.

• I am using the default checker plus window.

I switched my keyboard layout to English (United Kingdom) but it is still not working.

• which keyboard layout were you using before?

oh and it is Shift # on an english keyboard, does that work?

were you just using the key #?

• My standard layout is German (Germany).

Tried both just # and Shift+# but both won't do. Entering # in a textpad works just fine. Also pressing the key works correctly in Gmail itself as well as the checker plus inbox view deleting the mail (so should be the right key).

• ok thank you for the details, i will investigate this, it's just difficult to simulate.

• Ok thank you for looking into this. If I can assist you with any more testing please let me know!

On a sidenote: it would be nice if there would be an option to navigate through the email-list with up & down keys in standard view, kinda like in the inbox view. Cycling through mail by mail or switching back and forth using mouse and keys feeld a bit incovenient. Thank you!

• i believe you can use the 'j' and 'k' to cycle through the opened emails in checker plus view

• Yes, J & K work just fine! Would just be great to be able to select the right mail from the main email-list view with Up/Down keys plus maybe open its preview with Enter or anything.

• So you can use Enter from the main email-list to open the 1st email and then use the j/k.

I understand you also want to be able to navigate the emails in the main-list with the arrows keys, i can look into that as a suggestion.

• Good news, v22.0 should have a fix for the # key.

You can wait for the update in a few days or reinstall to force the update.

• Awesome, works like a charm! Thank you very much for the fast fix Jason! :-)

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!