Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Notification shows up when watching movie or playgame.

The extension's notification keep showing up while I was playing game or watching movie, even when I set DND on full screen in option.

Comments

• The movie or game have to played from within the browser, is that the situation?

• For the movie, yes, I'm watching on Chrome.

As for gaming, it's steam game. I was playing CSGO, then the notification just shows up as usual, and it is happening to every game.

• edited September 2019

Here is the screenshot of gaming problem.

• ok thank you, i will queue this for investigation.

• Yep, any more info, if you click mouse when the notification is opening like in my screenshot, you will be switch out to desktop, just like alt-tab.

• So I just tested watching a youtube video in full screen and I did not get any notifications. Can you test that too?

• edited October 2019

Hi Jason, I can confirm that when I was watching movies in full screen, not just on Youtube but on other movie websites as well, the big notifications does not show up anymore, the plugin's icon has a big "DND" on it. (Stands for Do Not Disturb, I suppose).

However, I did not test it with the game yet. Yesterday I still have this problem when I was playing game. I'll try again tonight and give you an update.

• Hi Jason,

I tested with the game, and the problem still exists.

• Thanks for the feedback, it looks like the game is not sending the same full screen command and therefore i can't detect it with the extension. It could be a Chrome issue. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list

• I understand now.

Then I think this issue can be marked as "Resolved". Guess I will have to find another way to deal with this gaming problem.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!