Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Custom Notifications Per Event

From what I can tell, your extension (in the configuration) requires user to set a standard notification duration (n minutes, days, etc.) for ALL events on a per calendar basis. Is there an option for the extension to use the notification scheme which is defined in the event itself? i.e. Your notification dialogue would appear 1 hour ahead for event X and 14 days ahead for event Y (assuming that is how the notifications were set in event X vs. Y).

Comments

• Yes, just like Google calendar when you click a day to enter an event you can choose the notification times for that event.

• Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think I explained my question properly.

Steps

1) Start with an existing Google Calendar with hundreds of events, each already set with various custom notifications (e.g. 15 min., 1 hour, 1 day, 15 days or what have you).

2) Install Checker Plus extension

3) The configuration asks you to set a notification interval for each calendar, which applies to all events.

4) I actually did this (happened to choose 10 minutes) and it reset all of my Google Events to 10 minute notifications, overwriting my custom notification settings for each event (fortunately, I was using a synced calendar and my source is not corrupted; otherwise, this would have been a disaster).

My question is whether I can start with #1 above and then use your extension in such a way where I do NOT need to set a standard notification per calendar and instead your extension will show notification dialogues based on the data inherent in my Google Calendar (i.e. honor all the existing notification settings on a per event basis).

Hope this is more clear now.

• For #3 you keep saying "asks" but you can ignore setting the notifications per calendar. However if you did and happened to have modified the event notifications, than that's a bug, can you identify which extension version you are running?

• After playing with your extension further, it appears that it works as I would expect. The wizard flow on initial install threw me off because I did not fully understand how the notification per calendar setting worked (I later saw that option directly in G Cal as well - I initially thought it was specific to your extension). So, I don't think there is any bug.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!