Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Box Doesn't Close on Its Own

Hi Jason,

The pop up box for the Gmail Checker doesn't go away on its own anymore, which I believe just started this morning. I used to be able to look at it and then if I didn't need to respond right away, the box would go away. I checked the settings and it is set to close after 7 secs, but it's not working. I'm also not able to adjust that time in the settings (to 3 or 5 secs, for example). Can you take a look and let me know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Lindsay

Comments

• Can you try reinstalling the extension, it should default to 5 seconds if you don't change any settings.

• Thank you for your quick response! I just tried to reinstall it twice and it didn't make a difference. It's also still defaulting to 7 sec for me and won't let me save any other option.

• edited about four months ago

Oh wait, I apologize, it seems like it's all working perfectly now! Thank you so much for your assistance.

• Ok good, just curious are you getting any errors when trying to save the settings?

• No, no errors or anything. Just any changes I was making weren't being saved.

• edited about four months ago

Hi again Jason. Sorry to be so pesky about this, but it seems like today the boxes aren't automatically closing again. I had one earlier that stayed put for 30+ mins until I finally closed it manually and I'm attaching a pic showing these here for 9 and 14 mins (I just blurred out the email text since it contained some of my clients' info). I adjusted my settings earlier to close after 5 secs. It had previously been at 7 secs. And now that setting saved, but it's just not being applied haha. Should I try to remove and reinstall the extension again? Thank you for your help with this and again I apologize for the trouble!

• ah excellent screenshot, is it possible you are still using Windows 7 ?

if so I highly recommend updating to Windows 10.

• Ah, that makes sense. Yes, we're still on 7. Since this is a work computer, I'll have to check if we're able to update to 10. I think we have some older programs that are only compatible with 7. This help a lot though. Thank you!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!