Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Read Messages in conversations not marked as read, and keep showing up as new messages.

I'm having an issue with conversations. When I get a new message as a part of a conversation and read it directly through Checker Plus, it initially marks it as read, but as soon as I leave the message (close Checker or read another message), I get a new message notification and I receive the same message I just read, as a new email. Only after about an hour does it stop doing this. Selecting "mark as read" doesn't change anything, not even when I choose mark all as read. I've become accustomed to this, but It's pretty annoying. It would be nice to fix this apparent bug.

Comments

• Thanks for your quick response, Jason.

I deactivated the conversations button on the Checker options for my account, as you suggested. When I get a new email that belongs to a conversation I'll let you know if that fixed the bug.

I also checked that my Gmail account also has the conversations settings Off. What's wierd is that I deactivated conversations in Gmail a long time ago, but I'm still getting my emails grouped in conversations. Do you have any idea why that is?

Thanks in advance.

Israel

• I can't account for Gmail website issue, note you must set this for each account you have. Perhaps they are pushing people to group conversations.

• Yeah, may be.

BTW, I got a notification of your response to my previous message, and it showed up grouped with the previous notifications.

I read it through Checker and it marked it as read. It hasn't shown up as a new message yet, so I assume that the problem is solved.

Thanks a lot!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!