Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

[Bug Fix] Checker not loading to correct account in Gmail main page

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it is an ongoing problem for me for a few months.

Chrome 75, Win10 ProN & Pro and Mac (so multiple PCs)

I am running Checker Plus for Gmail with about 9 addresses, 1 gmail but most Gmail-hosted other domains

When I click, via Checker Plus for Gmail, the account name (e.g,. user1@gmail.com), instead of opening the main gmail page to that account, I get a random account on my list (e.g, user4@domain.org). I ask to open Gmail to account #2 and I get account #7.

I can switch once in Gmail but it is a hassle.

I notice that the URL you use to open the account is something like:

hxxps://mail.google.com/mail/u/5/#inbox (note the h_xx_ps: edit to foil forum replacement)

I am guessing that URL tries to open account #5 (or whatever .../u/<number>/... is), but somehow #5 has changed meaning. And now points to what Checker Plus for Gmail thinks is user #8.

I suggest changing it to something more explicit.

hxxps://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&Email=example@domain.com&continue=https://mail.google.com/mail/u/example@domain.com/

That will send Gmail right to the desired email address, open the login page if needed, and then forward you to the inbox.

Notice "example@domain.com" is in the URL twice.

Thanks

Comments

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!