Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Reply from button uses different font

I saw a post about this issue, but the resolutions didn't make sense....

How do I control the font for replies from the extension button, so that they are not different than my standard Gmail font?

Comments

• Can you send me a screenshot for context?

and have you tried the font skins or one of your own?

• I don't think I can send you a screenshot, because the issue is not with what I see on my screen, but what with the recipient sees in the email they received. My emails are simply being sent with a different font than what's typically in Gmail. I suspect they are being sent in plain text, rather than HTML with my default Gmail settings. Does that clarify?

• That is possible, thanks for clarification, have you tried switching between auto-detect and manual add - if that makes a difference? which are you using?

• I'm using "Add account and stay signed in". I haven't switched it in a long time.

• Ok thanks, if you can have a recipient send you back a screenshot of even the Show Original that would help. Does the issue happen when you reply to emails sent to yourself?

• @Jason

Ok, so at this point I'm willing to conclude I misinterpreted what was happening. My recipient was using Outlook at the time, and showed me the difference in-person between the Checker+ email, and another I had sent directly from Gmail. However, he later said that emails from other people suddenly had a different font too.

I did a test from one Gmail account to another, and examined the Original messages. The fonts looked the same, and examining the encoding I found it's the same regardless whether I sent it from Gmail or Checker+.

Is there anything else to look at or test? Or do we conclude this was an Outlook issue?

• Outlook issue! works for me :)

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!