Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

constantly crashing now

Did something change? This extension constantly crashes now. Nothing else has changed on my system.

Comments

• My extensions are constantly being updated with fixes and features, but crashes are generally due to Chrome itself, try this https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Chrome_issues

• I tried to uninstall/reinstall the extension and it doesn't seem to fix it. The only thing I have not done is uninstall chrome itself and reinstall it because every other extension works properly so it can't be a chrome issue.

• Have you tried my link to create a new profile. The argument that other extensions are related to the good or bad behavior of a browseris a false dichotomy.

• I fully uninstalled chrome and reinstalled everything per the link.

• What other extension have you installed?

Do you see a pattern when it crashes?

Do you use the popup window often? have you changed any settings?

• Well I just reinstalled so it hasn't crashed yet. I was just updating you on the progress. If it crashes again I'll update this thread.

• FYI I just there was Chrome update today that dealt with some crashing issues https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2019/03/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_20.html

perhaps try updating it to the very last version.

• Yep, my has also been crashing about 5 times in 2 days (with click the balloon to restart message). Also, loading the popup is slower with laggy, slow rendering.

• since I reinstalled (I did not update yet) I have not had a single crash. I am updating right now to the latest anyway but uninstalling chrome and reinstalling chrome seems to have fixed the issue.

• edited about three months ago

@NiushSitaula try what johnnylee wrote

• ok mine is crashing again and I'm on the new update of chrome right after a fresh install. It's not as bad as before. Before I couldn't ever get it to start but now it just occasionally crashes but when you click the restart on the bottom right it runs properly.

• do you mean the restart notification when an extension crashes?

so the chrome update helped, that's interesting.

• Yes the restart notification. But at least now when you restart it the extension behaves normally. The original issue it would just restart and restart and Chrome would ask to disable it.

• Nobody else is having this issue? I get it on any of my computers some with fresh chrome reinstalls and some with old installs. Half the time the extension gets disabled because I didn't see the notice so I don't know i have emails.

• I have this issue as well. I have 2+ active accounts in gmail. I'm getting constant random crashes lately as well.

Although I haven't figured out the pattern that's causing this, one way of reproducing is quickly clicking on the extension icon many times.

• @ArkadiyArkadiy They just update to Chrome 75.0.3770.80 can you make sure you're on that version and see if that makes a difference.

Also for question for everyone else here, do you all have a large unread email number?

• I have 7 accounts in mine and one of them has 187 unread emails at this moment.

• @JohnnyLee Can you repeat the crash issue as shown by Arkadiy in the gif?

If you can crash it, I'm wondering if if it's related to the several unread email, can you try ignoring that account by click the vertical menu to the right of the account and choose ignore account and repeat the test.

• I can only if the timing is right. If i click it over and over quickly nothing happens. If I wait for the email preview to almost finish where I can start to see some emails and icons then click again it will crash. I don't know if this is related or something completely different. In my situation I could be doing something else in chrome and never touch the extension then it will crash. I want to say that it's even crashed when I had chrome open but was doing something in Outlook or some other application.

• when you say "then click it again", you mean the mail icon in the toolbar?

• Yes, the same as the screenshot above. it's still a little tricky to make it happen. You click it once and when the emails show you have to click it quickly over and over before it finishes rendering the entire preview. But again that's the other users issue I was able to reproduce not my original issue.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!