Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Network connection errors over the past week.

I use Chrome and also use the option "Add Accounts and stay signed in". Over the past week I keep getting network errors, and the extension asks for a refresh (which fails). Removing and re-adding the account in Checker Plus never fixes the problem. The only way I could get it working again was to uninstall the extension, and clear the Chrome cache. Today, nothing works to fix it. Every time I try to add the account, I get a timeout error, something about get being able to access email (sorry, I didn't copy the exact wording).

I tried it on another computer as well (a computer that had never had this extension installed before), and it results in the same problem.

This is a G.Suite account with a custom domain, and not a regular Gmail account. I've used this extension for quite a while with this account though, and this is the first time it has had this problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• After you get the error can you send me the logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs
  • Thanks Jason. I just tried to recreate the error, and it works now. Sigh.

It has happened to me several times in the last week, so I'll send you the log next time it happens.

Thanks!
  • No problem. Can you list any others extensions or privacy software you might be using. 
  • Running fairly lean, on my primary computer I have:
    DocHub - Sign PDF from Gmail
    Google Docs Offline
    uBlock Origin

On the 2nd computer I tested, just the following:
    Google Docs Offline
    uBlock Origin

I think Google Docs Offline is included with Chrome by default (because I don't recall installing it).
  • If I had to guess at this point, I'm guessing it's a problem with the connection to Google. It's super intermittent which I think rules out the extension having a bug (otherwise it would do it all the time). The "timing out" error I get when attempting to re-add an account using Google sign in seems to be coming from Google's servers as well.

If it happens again, I'll send you the logs. But I'm guessing it's a Google hiccup with my G.Suite account. Unfortunately Google doesn't provide support as well as you do when someone has a problem :)
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!