Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐆: Refresh 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 event data option

A large portion of events we come across are created many months in advance. The initial event could simply serve as a heads up and as we get closer to the event it is likely to get refreshed/updated, potentially numerous times, often leaving the event data/details ð¨ð®ð­ððšð­ðžð or worse ð¢ð§ðœð¨ð«ð«ðžðœð­. 

It seems that currently there is ð§ð¨ 𝐰𝐚𝐲 to keep event data ð¢ð§ 𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐜 or replace an existing event with the newer version.

𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: when clicking on the Checker Plus icon while an existing event is open, prompt user that the event exists already and offer a way to update/replace the existing event.

Comments

• Can you send me a screenshot of an outdated event, because I use push notification which should instantly update an event and their details. In other words changes in your Google Calendar events should be synced with the extension
  • edited about six months ago
    Sorry I was not clear. What I meant was changes to the Facebook event data alone do not trigger a replace/update Checker Plus prompt.

Here is a test event I created

1 - Initial event

2 - Initial event details (after it was added using Checker Plus)

3 - Amended event - MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW (was added to the event data) and I also tried to change the LOCATION

4 - Amended event data alone will NOT trigger an add to calendar when clicking on Checker Plus again, nor will an amended Location.

5 - Modified event TITLE does triggers NEW event prompt

6 - Modified event TIME also triggers NEW event prompt

7 - NO option to refresh an existing event  i.e. same event with updated event data e.g. Added text: MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

There is a "Duplicate" icon option, but this simply copies the existing Checker Plus event and not the Facebook event.

In summary only ð®ð§ð¢ðªð®ðž 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 (titles) and a ðð¢ðŸðŸðžð«ðžð§ð­ 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 seem to determine a new add event trigger and it doesn't appear that there is any way to update Facebook events at present, nor does it seem to validate the Facebook Event ID for previous event entries.

• ah thank you, yes good bug, so this was a Facebook event specific issue, I will put this in my queue for dev and reprompt to update the event if the details are different.
  • Superb! This would help us immensely :)
  • edited about three months ago

v25.1 will now present an update prompt if your calendar event details are different than that of the fb event

• I think you mean it will present an update prompt and it does :)

Thanks for implementing this fix.

The only issue now is that we manually update the location field when we import the event to start with, due to the other issue I reported about incomplete address data coming across from facebook (http://bit.ly/2HNrFBi) and we have to keep in mind to update the location details and any other manually added data after we update existing events, but that seems unavoidable.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!