Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Suggestion: Use "Event" month as default in popup rather than "Current" month

When clicking the Checker Plus icon to import a new Facebook event into Google Calendar the popup defaults to the current month rather than the month of the Facebook event.

This is not ideal for various reasons. It does not provide an instant overview of what else is taking place around the same dates. there could be similar events or potentially even duplicates which will not immediately be obvious as the current view does not highlight them and it also does not provide easy access to existing events around the same dates if need be e.g. if a similar looking event already exists you may want to open this first to check before adding the new event to the calendar.

Other valid use case scenarios: There are times when it is not advisable to add events to a calendar, perhaps if lots of other events are already happening at the same time or it could be that adding the event to another alternative calendar would be a better choice.

As it currently stands we rely on everyone checking the Google Calendar before using the Checker Plus import which is a shame as everything could be done instantly in one place and without having to navigate back and forth and through various months on the calendar (at times many months ahead).  All this would be far simpler to accomplish if the event month is set as the default month instead of the current month or if there was a way to change the default settings to accomplish this.

On average I estimate that the overall additional mouse clicks (for us that is) incl. flipping between browser tabs/windows and between Google Calendar and Checker Plus popup windows, is somewhere in the region between 6 - 12 extra clicks. This is why I am suggesting this for your consideration.

Comments

• That's quite the argument :) you sold me on the idea with just the title of this thread, lol. I'll queue this for development.
  • Superb 👍

Not sure if I should be trying so hard 😁
  • ok v25.1 has a new Find Date button, to bring you to the month of the event date.

• edited about a month ago

That's great, I just tested it and the FIND DATE button works a treat :)

Although I just realised that if the event dates fall between certain dates which are shielded by the ADD TO GOOGLE CALENDAR dialog box (modal?) you are not really able to see what else is scheduled on those dates as it is covered by the dialog box even though this becomes semi transparent after invoking the FIND DATE.

I do like how the event date/date range is highlighted on the calendar in the background which is really neat and only wish we could also move the ADD TO GOOGLE CALENDAR dialog box within the popup so that we could move it out of the way when it is blocking the dates in question, but I suspect this dialog box is some sort of modal or similar and as such it's probably not an option, but I thought I mention it just in case.

Again thanks for all the great work on this and all the other updates, really appreciate you efforts.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!