Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Looks like email for another person, but how?!

I just received an email, an from the preview it looks like it was addressed to the wrong person:

In English: "Hi Anastasia Ku".

Ok, I'm expanding it and...

This is the correct (my) name - "Hi Oleg".

Any ideas how the wrong name appeared in the preview?

Comments

• Do you see the same discrepancy from the Gmail website?
  • I've tried to reproduce this issue using gmail web inteface, but everything is ok there.
  • Is "Anastasia" related to anything in the email? Is this a spam email?
  • Wow... I've marked these email as unread and... third person:

• These emails are not a spam, just a reminder. Something like "you have an account on our site, check your details and update if required". So similar emails could be send in bulk to multiple persons
  • I've just check this site and at least the last person "Максим Груничев" has an account as well. And again, if I open it in the gmail web ui, everything is ok, my name instead of this one.
  • Can you click the "show original" for that email in your Gmail and see if the word "Anastasia" is found there.

• Ok, thanks, now it's slightly less mysterious thing... Emails from this site are base64-encoded multiparts. The first part is a plain text (base64-encoded) and contains wrong information (addressed to the Anastasia), the second one - html (base64-encoded) and contains correct information (addressed to me). So, seems like the preview uses the first one. The puzzle has been solved, thanks.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!