Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Missing reminder

I recently created a new calendar for recurring tasks and am trying to get the reminders set up.  I'm creating my tasks as all-day events.  As a  test, I created two events:  One for today with a reminder 0 days before at 8:00 and one for tomorrow with a reminder 1 day before at 8:00.  (I realize that the time part isn't exposed so it wont work.)  Today I got a reminder for the event tomorrow, but not for the one today.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited about six months ago
    Just to understand the language... when you say recurring task, do you mean a mean one time event or an actual recurring event as saved in your Google Calendar?
    When you say task do you mean Google Calendar event or a Google Task?
    Also your test is indicating two events which complicates my our tests, can the issue just be replicated with one event which has 2 reminders (1 day before and 1 for the day of)?
  • For my test, I used a one-time event.  It's stored in the Google Calendar as an all-day event.

I'll set another event for tomorrow and see if I get the reminder.
  • This is definitely still happening for me -- I'm getting reminders for some events, but not all.  Is there something I can do to help narrow down the issue?

Thanks.
  • Can you recreate a reminder that systematically fails?
    or take one that you remember failing and copy it and set it again to see if it fails again - then we can work with that one.
  • Yesterday I created a new all-day task with a reminder.  I did not get a notification today from Checker Plus (though I did get one on my phone).
  • Can you send me a screenshot of the details of that event?
  • Ah found it, you are using an actual Google Task instead of a Google Calendar event, as I see by the words "Recurring Tasks" under notifications. Sorry but tasks are not supported by my extension, more info https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/comment/921
  • No, it's a Google Calendar event.  "Recurring Tasks" is the name of my calendar.
  • ok you tricked me ;) ok I think I found the issue that I noticed years ago here https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36755676
    you should be able to resolve it by changing the before time to 12:00am
  • That works -- sort of.  I created a new task, changed the notification to be 0 days before at 0:00, and I did get the notification.  However, Google won't let me set that that as my default option for the calendar in question.  Any ideas?
  • I just tested it now and it works...  it must be 12:00am

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!