Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Dark Mode for Desktop Notifications > Popup window

Hi Jason et al., 

Currently, the desktop notifications > popup window only provides a bright theme.

Dark theme mode users (myself included) may find that inconsistent with the rest of the system. 

I am on Fedora Linux 28 and have the option to apply a dark GTK theme.

Find attached image for an example how that currently looks like. 

Would anyone else want to see an optional dark mode for the popup window?

Much appreciated. 

Yours

Comments

• So I looked at the code in the popup window and I have placed it white, meaning your dark theme should have inverted it to black. Do other popup windows in your OS work well with the dark theme?
  • Let me clarify. I am using two different components. 

The GTK theme of my Linux desktop can colour all elements but Chrome's page content. For that I need to use the Chrome extension Dark Reader Dark. However, the latter cannot modify Chrome extension pages. Thus, it cannot colour your popup. 

Does this make sense?

I appreciate how I was able to apply a dark theme to the main calendar popup. 

See below. Maybe you could provide such a theme for the popup window, too?

• @RobertOrzanna(orschiro) Thanks, yes, a theme within my extension covering the popup is probably best, i'll put it in my queue.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!