Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Outlook shows the ad "you're using an ad blocker"

2»

Comments

• Adblocker was working fine for me until today.  Now getting ads in Outlook.com in Chrome browser. Sad.
  • Apparently back again on Chrome>Outlook.  Uninstalled and reinstalled 5.1.3.  Thanks for all your help.  
  • This seems to be the section:
    It looks like you're using an ad blocker. To maximise the space in your inbox, sign up for Ad-free Outlook.
    Ad Choices
    imageimage
  • Ads have gone now. Perhaps MS broke it!
  • I use Chrome and even tho I've been using Webmail Ad Blocker successfully for the last few weeks (THANK YOU!), Hotmail / Outlook apparently just got changed and the ads are back.  ERRRRRRRR!  Microsoft is relentless.

I just posted the screenshot above in an attempt to follow instructions I found on this website.  I'm not very good at this stuff so I apologize if I'm submitting the info incorrectly.  I tried to add a comment below the screenshot but couldn't figure out how to do it; hence the two entries.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
  • @Cyn Try resintalling the extension to the latest v5.1.4 but it looks likes like a game of cat and mouse.
  • OMG - it did, at least for now!!!  I tried reinstalling 5.1.3 last night and it didn't make any difference.

I just learned last night that you work off of donations.  I am so grateful to you (I had forgotten how INCREDIBLY ANNOYING those ads are until they popped back up last night) and will make a donation now.

Thanks so very much.
  • you did it again.  i just uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed the outlook problem.  this is a must have extension.  i donated and each user should also.
  • I tried what Edward Eatman did and WAB is working again ! Thanks, Jason !!!
  • Good man - donation well deserved.
  • Firefox fixed, thanks!
  • Not tech savvy so this may not be clear:
    I use Firefox and my home page is KARE11.com
    Recently, I've been getting a notice whenever I go to that page saying You have logged in ____ many times, with an arrow to be able to let the website show ads.  When I clicked on that (to get rid of that annoying pop-up--I think that's what it's called), it kept popping up one after another places that allowed ads to be shown.  I stopped clicking that arrow.  The alternative was to buy an ad blocking feature.  I don't like that pop-up or the options.  Help!!
  • Microsoft seems to figure out the way around webmail so any suggestion on adblock or adblock+ which can deliver better 

• So this seems to have stopped working again in firefox and chrome. I thought it might have been firefox's recent security update but its happpening in chrome too. Is there a fix incoming soon?

• @JigenBakudan Can you send me a screenshot of the issue? Cause it's still working for me.

• Me too again today ...MS Ad ... Using an ad blocker. ... sign up for Ad-Free Outlook ! Ad Choices ...

• @PeterWood if you're are using other ad blocking extensions then try disabling them and reload the outlook page.

• Same issues as @PeterWood . Reloaded WAB and turning off ad blockers didn't help. Here's a screenshot...

• Це трапилось сьогодні 20.06.2019 в Google:

"розширення конфліктів

Деякі з ваших можуть бути заважаючи моє розширення, спробуйте відключити деякі розширення .

Proxy або блокування реклами, як Adguard може блокувати необхідні виклики мережі.

Якщо визначити конфліктуючі розширення , яке ви можете спробувати використовувати це варіанти білого / виключити домен mail.google.com

В крайньому випадку спробуйте додати облікові записи вручну"

Для того щоб відключити, або включити, мені потрібно знати що включити чи відключити, тобто повний список розширень блокувальників реклами. Де його можна знайти?

• Hey, Jason ! My WEB isn't working again. My page pretty much looks like TREYNOLD'S. I tried disabling them ( WEB and UBLOCK ) and reloading the outlook page., but it didn't work. I appreciate your help !

• The fix is already on Chrome in v5.2 and will be pushed to Firefox soon.

• Thanks Jason ! If you could give me a heads-up on here when it is, I'd appreciate it.

• MY OUTLOOK EMAIL ALSO HAS THE ADS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE. MY CURRENT WAB VERSION SAYS V.5.1.4.1. SHOULD I WAIT FOR 5.2 TO UPDATE(HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE). IF I REMOVE FROM CHROME MY CURRENT VERSION, THEN WHAT DO I DO.

• edited about two months ago

@JimThibideau The update will be live for everyone in a few days, just testing a subset of users to make sure it's good. You can reinstall the Chrome one to force the update it.

• Hi again Jason. I'm also recently affected by ads in Outlook.live.com

I use the latest version of Firefox.

I have version 5.1.4 of your Webmail Ad Blocker.

I will check back in a couple of days or so to see if your update is live.

Thanks again!

~Jay

• Release version 5.2 has fixed my issues =)

• Thanks, Jason. Working again for me as well.

• Thank you kind sir ! I'm back in business !!!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!