Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Detached popup location

I really like the detached popup option for the Checker Plus calendar. I notice that I can change the size to anything under the sun, and that size is retained after closing and then re-opening the calendar.

However, I can't seem to make the same true for location. Once I close the calendar and re-open, it will always appear dead center in my monitor. I have tried all sorts of ways of closing both the calendar and chrome . . all to no avail. I know this may be more of a function of chrome itself than Checker Plus. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Comments

• Ok ill look into that and put in my queue. The remembering the size was my doing, but cant recall the positioning.
  • Am now having problems with the size of the detached popup for the Checker Plus calendar. When I resize the popup to a significantly larger than I normally use (50%), then I close the popup and then reopen, the popup now takes up about 80% of my my desktop, maybe more. As long as I keep the size to around 25% or less, reopening keeps that size.

BTW, I still can't get the location to anything but dead center when the popup opens. Hoping you haven't yet looked at this issue so that there is a possibility of a fix :)

Thanks for the good work and for any help on these two problems.

• @RichardFeinberg Have you changed any zoom settings in Chrome that might be affecting this?

• I do not believe so. The only Chrome zoom setting I know of is a default zoom that I have always left at 100%. I do change some individual pages' zoom. I have not changed Google Search or Calendar . . both are at default of 100%.

• I presume you are using the option .. button .. open checker plus detached?

I just tested it and it seems to work me, can you send me screenshots of the inconsistencies?

• thanks for the pm screenshots, there's no logic in my extension for such resizing exceptions, i'm going to presume the OS is interfering here.

ps. i've renamed your username

• Ok, thanks. What about the app only opening in dead center?

• It's programmed to do exactly that. Are you suggesting an option to locate it somewhere else? can I ask why?

openWindowInCenter("popup.html", '', 'menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes', await storage.get("detachedPopupWidth"), await storage.get("detachedPopupHeight"));

• I find the center of my screen to be an inconvenient place to use Calendar as it blocks view of other open apps. I prefer to have it off to one side or another and sometimes in a corner. It is not a big deal as I can move it easy enough. However, since I open Calendar a number of times each day, it would helpful to have it open, for example, in the last used location, as a number of apps do. Of course there are other ways to do this, for instance, I have at least one other app that defines a specific location for the associated app to open.

• ok i'll take note of this and queue it for dev.

another question: why don't you just keep it open all the time?

• I had a feeling that would be your next question. I could do that, but in general, I dislike keeping programs open that I might not use for another 8 hours. On a number of days I open it first thing in the day and then at the end of the day, sometimes also in the middle, or even at night. as I work at home.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!