Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Recieving an error message

Jason,

I love your extension, but I am running into an issue. I am trying to record my entire screen and when I go to enable the mic I get an error message. I have attached a screenshot of the error message in hopes that you can help me out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension twice and I have closed out and reopened Chrome. I haven't went as far as clearing any cookies or cache or anything in hopes of an alternate solution. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Comments

• Can you open another webpage like google.com and then try again
  • Here you go. I've never ran into this before.

• Weird, it's working for me, can you see if there any error logs https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Error_logs

Are all the other grab methods working?
  • This is the logs from the Console tab. Every other grab method is working for me.

• Ok so that error is audio specific.
    Can you try without the mic (just video)
  • Yeah. The video portion works. It's just the audio portion that doesn't work. :(
  • I confirm the audio works for me, I would have you restart your computer or see if you have any audio settings that might need tuning.
  • What version of Google Chrome are you using?
  • great question, i'm usually the only asking that one :)
    I only support the stable channel of chrome, so that's the one i'm using https://jasonsavard.com/Chrome-Channel-Releases
  • I just updated Chrome to the stable version of 65.0.3325.146, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and I am still receiving that error. I caved and reset my browser back to its original default settings and I also set chrome://flags to it's default settings. My last resort is to completely uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. I have checked my audio settings and the only thing that I can think of is that I am using a non-usb headset and that is interfering with things. If so, I will be devastated. :(

Jason,

Thank you for your help. I REALLY appreciate it.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!