Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Toggle to disable the blocker in popup.html and options.html

Could you please add a toggle so I can temporarily disable the blocker (without having to do it in chrome extension settings)? 

Comments

• Is there a reason in particular for this?
    Is it hiding something you want to see, which webmail and which element?
  • If I want temporarily enable ad's, It would be less inconvenient to just be able to toggle this in the popup menu, rather than have to right-click the Webmail Ad Blocker icon, and then go to it's chrome://extensions page, and then hit disable. When I want to enable it again the icon won't be in the extension icon bar, so I have to go to "More tools" > "Extensions" > Then search for "Webmail Ad Blocker" and click the enable toggle there. Could you please help me make this process a bit faster, by adding a disable/enable toggle to the popup menu?
  • I don't think you answered my question, why would you want to enable the ads when viewing your emails?
  • As I've pasted above, for non-saavy web users it is not immediately obvious how to disable/turn off your ad blocker when it is necessary.  You've asked why & I'll answer:  When one is needing to fill out online government forms or the DMV, etc, they ask for ad blockers to be disabled so their pop ups don't get screwed up. I tried searching how to disable webmail Ad Blocker on your FAQ/Forum pages and zip/nada.  Please paste the answer on your site where it's easy to find it.  Thanks! ~Nicole
  • edited December 2017
    @5a2711e1c270a Thanks for the answer, so technically my "webmail" ad blocker is limited to only 3 "webmail" sites, gmail, yahoo and outlook. My extension does not run or have permission to run on any other sites including government websites or otherwise. So disabling it will not have any impact. I will add faq on how to disable extension but really a google of "disable extensions" will answer your question on how to do it for any browser you are using.
  • @5a2711e1c270a fyi I just did a search on my own site for "disable extensions" and I already had the info there :) ... https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Disable_extensions
  • Thanks, Jason. I found the steps on the "How Do I Pauwze It? forum question, too.  ~ Nicole
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!