Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

One-Time 'Lifetime' Donation/Contribution?

Hey Jason, how open are you to the idea of offering a one-time 'lifetime' donation/contribution that would give a user all the benefits of a monthly subscription for life as a 'Flat-Fee Purchase' of your Extension Suite?

I've attached an image to clarify my intent.

Oh and P.S. a few years ago, I made a small contribution and bought your gmail checker and calendar checker (an address with " roman*@*domain* ")

But frankly, I'm too lazy to dig through old email accounts in the rare chance i'll find a receipt.
I'm starting my own business and would happily help fund your development again if you're not unequivocally opposed to the 'Lifetime' pricing model.

Thanks, 

Comments

• Well the whole mechanism is already in place with a monthly contribution via the Contribute page of the screenshot extension. Is there a particular reason you do not want to use the monthly payment method? Note it can be any amount.

• Understood. Thanks for responding. Well, I can't say there's a particularly strong reason other than my inclination to want to feel as if I 'own' a set of software tools. But in a world where everything is "SaaS/Paas/Iaas" haha - I know that's an increasingly unrealisitc expectation.

I'll probably end up making a small monthly as you suggested.
    Wanted to simply reach out and ask. Cheers.
  • edited September 2017
    EDIT: I'm redacting my earlier post as I stumbled upon something new I'd like to ask.

I wasn't aware that you offered google domain pricing of 5 users for 2.99 month and it would apply to a single domain - for example @domain.com

So, here's my situation - that sounds very enticing and I would love to subscribe to that 5 user plan asap. However, my 5 users are realistically only 1 paid for G Suite Account due to budgetary restraints and the rest are email alias' like so:

Is there a way of me signing up for your 5 user plan - while actually using a set of email alias' similar to the ones seen above?
    1 Google Domain Gsuite user
    1-2 Developers who I work with, and create email alias' for
    1-2 Customer Support Alias' that are monitored/automated like support@ and invoice@ for example.

PS - I want to upgrade from G Suite Basic to the $10 Business Tier, another reason why I may appear to be cheap/stingy with these questions :)
    Thanks.
  • As long as all emails end with the same @domain.com then you're fine ie. melnik@melnikcompany.com, support@melnikcompany.com or invoice@melnikcompany.com then the will fit under the 5 user license. is that what you meant?
  • Hi Jason, sorry for my slow response - yes that is what I was trying to say. So you've answered my question. Thanks.

For now, I have decided to do a monthly contribution of $1 CAD so I can access myself, but in the future I'd like to revisit the 5 license deal.

One last question I'm hoping you can clarify; will this 5 license deal work with alias' and google groups'? In other words, if I don't want to pay for the extra seats in my Google Admin Settings, and instead opt to give my users alias' or Google Group Access to a Shared Inbox (https://support.google.com/a/answer/167430?hl=en) - will your 5 license, single domain deal still work?

Thanks.
  • Yes it will. If there's any issue let me know.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!