Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Desktop Notification in Chrome 59

Hi Jason, what about a new desktop notification in Chrome 59 version? 
Can not set length of display, too little information I see in it, etc.

Edit: I have now received a notification that I do not even see the sender at all :/

Comments

• Hey long time :) It seems Chrome for Mac prefers those standard and smaller native notifications of Mac so I can't do anything about that. I did recently fix the sender not showing though, you can force it by re-installing to v20.1.4.

More info about new notifications
    https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/04/native-mac-os-notifications
  • Thanks Jason. Can we at least extend the time for notifications?
  • You can set that in the extension Options > Notifications > Close after...

• I know about that option but it does not work. Close after 3 seconds.
    Anyway thank you for the response, I guess it will work as it should after some updates :)
  • You're right i'll open this bug thanks.
  • Apparently you can get the old behavior by disabling native notifs. in chrome://flags/#enable-native-notifications
  • @SebastianDelValle ;

Thanks Sebastian! Now it works just as I like.
  • I'm running V20.1.5.3 on 60.0.3112.90 on Mac OS. Still not seeing the sender in the notification, only my own email address. Forced a reinstall and disabled native notifications, did not resolve the issue.
  • @SamBlack How many accounts do have setup in the extension?
    and can you send me a screenshot of notification? Please note that I do not support or detect chrome flag modifications. Does the issue happen without the chrome flag modification?
  • @SebastianDelValle thanks, works like a charm!
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!