Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Do you accept donations from the Google Play Store?

I am pretty sure I donated to you through the Google Play Store in the past, but I can't find any option that would allow this.

Comments

• A few years ago I did, but that specific Google payment implementation became deprecated and most people used PayPal or Stripe anyways, I also offer Bitcoins. I'll keep this thread open as a suggestion and see if more people are interested in it.
  • I would appreciate being able to contribute by Google payment. Wish more developers made this possible. Is there a financial reason why this is not adopted across the board?
  • @DavidToles If you're signed in your Chrome, I think the Card button payment option looks for a Google Payment, try it or then try from your cellphone here https://jasonsavard.com/contribute
    and let me know if it prompts for your Google Payment
  • I would like to use Google Play Store credit to make payment to you and other programmers. While logged-in on the desktop, the card option takes me to filling in a form for whatever card info I want to enter and use. While trying from a cellphone, your link takes me to make payment using any of the cards I have registered with the store. However, my store credit is still not available to contribute to you. Any ideas? I am going to try to go through the Play Store and see if this route allows using my credit that way. Thanks.
  • FYI - going through the Play Store/Wallet - didn't work for using my Play Store credit to contribute.
  • @DavidToles ;Ahh so I think this Play Store credit is only available for Play Store apps, and my Chrome extensions are not Play Store apps. Does that make sense.
  • Looks that way - Sorry - I assumed there would be no difference between extensions and apps as they are both served up and registered through Google.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!