Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Ad appearing at bottom (and right) of Outlook

Chromium Version 58.0.3029.110, Ubuntu 14.04:

If I snap the browser window to the left or right of the screen, the browser window takes up half the screen space.  I noticed when I do this, an ad appears at the bottom of the Microsoft Outlook Mail window (Hotmail).

If I shrink the window to be smaller, the ad remains (but scales smaller).  Making the window bigger, the ad disappears (and WAB) functions as expected.

Firefox Version 54.0, Ubuntu 14.04:

If the browser window is stretched horizontally to be larger, the right side ad will appear.  Stretching the window back to be smaller, the ad will disappear, until a point is reached when the ad will appear at the bottom of the window.

Comments

• I believe after resizing the window you can simple reload the page and the space on the right should disappear again.
  • Have tested the suggestion on Firefox and it seems to work.  Thank you.

As for the bottom ad, it is still present on both Firefox and Chromium.
  • I believe that bottom ad detects your other ad blockers like the "Ad Blocker" extension try disabling it to ironically hide that ad.
  • Perhaps, but not in my case: both Firefox and Chromium only have one extension installed/enabled: Webmail Ad Blocker!
  • edited June 2017
    Send me a screenshot of this bottom ad?
    if its the upgrade to premium ad - i will not block that one.
  • Great job, I have replicated the issue and fix is coming 1st for the Chrome version of the extension in v5.0.3 in an about an 30min from now.
    And once fully tested it will be released onto the Firefox version.
  • Bingo!  Works in Chromium (so I assume that works for Chrome too).  If you push to Firefox I'll test there too.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!