Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Popup notification opens wrong Gmail account

I have 3 gmail accounts on this machine. Accts 1 & 2 are mine and #3 is a family member. Only 1 & 2 are setup under Options. But when mail arrived for #2 and I click the notification, #3 account is opened. The same thing happens when there is no unread mail and I open the extension window and click on the account #2 bar... then account #3 is opened in a browser tab.

I don't want #3 in the extension, as it always has unread messages that aren't mine.

FWIW, I am using manually added accounts.

Comments

• OK... That worked. Anyway to cause that to periodically autosync... say w/browser startup or login? I'm sure to forget this "trick".
  • So simply clicking the sync button worked? without having to resign in etc? please confirm.
    if so then you have an excellent suggestion and I could periodically automate this.
  • All I did was click the triangular "hamburger". After it synced, I opened the extension (2 accounts manually added) and clicked the bar once for each account to open in a tab, and they each opened to the expected account. Account #3 was not opened.
  • Clarification: Those manually added accounts were added some time ago. I did nothing with them today.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!