Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

How to hide my email name ?

Hello,

Before today, i see the notification without my email name,
http://i.imgur.com/ydeRkr5.png

Is there any way to hide it ?

Thanks.

Comments

• You are having all these issues because you are using an old Chrome version, in the new version that notification windows looks much nicer :)
  • It was working fine. 
  • My warning is that it will eventually stop working "fine" because I keep adding features which require the latest Chrome version and even I and Chrome strongly suggest you update to the latest version for security reasons.
  • Same thing with last version. 
  • Refer to this conversation about those old notifications http://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/216/display-in-black/p1
  • Please, don't tell me to update my chrome, that coz alias, and u can fix it, but thnx :)
  • It's coz your last update 

16.6 (Mar 11th - 5% of users)

• The reason my update is looking bad on your old Chrome is because it is an old Chrome notification, this is what it looks like on the updated Chrome
    • Can u give me old version 16.4.1?

• Thanks to Jessica
      Display email account in notification (Thank you Jessica)

Please, make a option to hide this, please. 

• Not all things liked by someone we must like it too, we are humans and we are not the same.
      So, disabling/enabling it will be good. 
    • You can see that email because you are probably signed into 2 or more accounts at the same time,
      I am displaying that email to tell you which account has just received the email.

If more people make comments on this I will consider making it an option, but I cannot make changes for every user unless it is a popular decision
    • edited March 2014
      Look dear, it was okay, but Jessica make a suggestion and you accepted it. 
      Now, after Jessica suggestion i got angry, coz i don't like it, you added a new thing by suggestion from user, so, i think to be fair you have to make it as option coz it's not a bug and u fixed it, it's suggestion liked by someone not all well liked it i know what email i got message coz i have email for work and another for fun. 

So, plz give me the old version or make it as option.

• Actually that feature already existed and for many years :) But it was accidentally removed by me with a recent code change in the last months.
    • So, how to you want to fix this problem ?
    • Tell your friends to write comments about this issue or wait for others to write about it (if they think it is an issue) and the more comments i get then i will add the option, this is how I have been developing this extension for years now.
    • I don't have friends are using this extension for gmail, unfortunately, they using windows program.
       I liked your extension and your work, but now you not helping me, and it's not a big deal, it's just check-box with 2 lines of code. 

• Except I develop many "other" lines of code for all these reasons ... http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Prioritizing_requests
    • How many users ?
    • But you have to aware about new things by adding them as options, to avoid this kinds of topics.
    • I have too many options that people never use, so I have make wise decisions based on popularity of which ones to keep or use
    • You don't make us happy, 
      Thanks. Bye !
    • Can you tell me which other developers you have contacted who have responded to you as much as this to try to help you, you have created 2 others conversations threads which I have also tried helping you with, please try to understand that I am trying to make every one of my users happy but I have a lot of users and only one me :)
    • edited March 2014
      The problem started by you, your updated. 
    This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
    Got it!