Extensions Blog Press Contribute Forum FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support About
Forum FAQ Videos Changelog Bio Contact

Unread email count on Checker Plus icon stuck

I have approx. 118 unread emails in my gmail inbox, but only the number 52 shows on my Checker Plus for Gmail Icon. Any ideas?

Comments

• I fixed it by manually adding my account again. Thanks for the help!
  • By the way, have the categories always been there in the checker plus extension window as shown in the image below?
  • Click on the image to see the full size image plus the red circles I included.

• No actually - when using the manual add method the extension is able to pull more info from the emails such as the labels assigned to each email - good observation :)
  • Oh okay, so I guess just an added feature!
    There's probably no way to turn that off when using manual add account mode. Is that correct?
  • edited about three years ago
    Actually you could create a custom skin for that, more info https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Skins_and_Themes
  • By the way, back to the original issue with an incorrect unread message count.
    It ended up reverting back to the a smaller number around 50. I only have one account.
    The number of emails is about half of what it should be.
    However, pressing the email in the image below resets it for a short while then it reads incorrect after some time.
  • I have followed all of the instructions at https://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Unread_email_count_is_incorrect

Perhaps something else is going on...hmmmm
  • hmm i did notice you are monitoring the "all mail" labels perhaps that's creating the issue.
  • I switched to that setting after I noticed the issue in the first place.
    I like using "all mail" just for better coverage of unread messages. So I don't miss any.

I do use priority inbox within Gmail to sort unread, starred, and 'everything else' email types.

I did just notice that the way it reverts back to the incorrect value is because of a new email message.

• BTW, I use manual add mode because I don't like conversation view.
    However, I followed all instruction to disable conversation mode in your extension.

• I must admit after a large amount of unread emails the API only returns approximate numbers, but i believe under 20 the counts are way more accurate.
  • Gotcha. It's weird that your account refresh button and restarting Chrome fixes the issue.
    Also, a received email changes the exactly correct value to something approx. 50% incorrect.
    So, the problem occurs when a new email is received.

• good debugging details i will investigate by trying to replicate the issue on my end thank you for all the feedback.
  • By your refresh button, I'm referring to the one in the account setting tab of your extension's options.
  • No problem. I'll let you know if I find anything new. I contributed $5 just now for your lightning fast responses lol! Thanks again!
  • lol, thanks, no one has ever contributed for finding a bug in my extension :)
  • Haha. When you put it that way, it does sound funny! I really like your products and your troubleshooting support. So, thanks lol, you earned it.
  • When I use Auto Detect for my account, receiving a new email still causes the unread count to be wrong, but only by a few emails and not nearly as many compared to using the manual add account function. Seems like this could be a key to finding the problem. BTW, I'm dealing with 118 unread emails, so since I'm so backed up on unreads this may have revealed an issue.
  • Auto detect can't seem to accuratly measure unread count ever, while manual can, but is way off after the newly received email messes it up.
  • My guess is disabling the conversation mode might also play a role in the issue.
  • I dislike conversation mode, so I'd  like to keep it disabled. It behaves this way on my 2nd laptop on a completely different network. I do use priority inbox, but I tried without and it still behaves this way. I haven't tried to reinstall extension, but I will do that eventually. Does this seem like a legitimate bug to you or something that's isolated to me?
  • i have yet to investigate it, because I have a lot of separate issues i have to look at it, but it's prioritized.
  • Sometimes I get the desktop notification (Rich Notification) twice in a really short period of time. ideas for that one?

• For the same email that is.

• edited about three years ago
    If you received the notification while the system was idle and you move a mouse which gets out of idle/standby then the notification will re-popup again - assuming you missed it while you were idle
  • Hmm, that could be it.

• Any updates on the incorrect unread count on button issue?
  • when unread email counts are larger than 20 the API gives me only approx. totals (probably for performance) which is probably causing the issue.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!