Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Options dialogue not working when launched from the Extensions tab (chrome://extensions)

See screenshot below.
When launching the Options dialogue from the Extensions tab (chrome://extensions), the options can not be accessed due to the window not expanding to show the options. Same for launching Options from the Chrome toolbar.
- This works fine on the Checker Plus for Google Drive, so I belive it is not a Chrome issue.
The only way for me to access Options is to make a screenshot and access options through the gear button in the top menu there. 
(However; when running Material Design flags for Extensions and other Chrome OS features, this is a even bigger problem, as Options for extensions won't launch at all when pressing the gear button. I have sent feedback to Chrome about this separately.)

Comments

• Does this small embedded options window happen for all the extensions you have installed? Can you reset all your Chrome flags and see if it still does this.
  • 1. No, options work as intended in all other extensions, including your 'Checker Plus for Drive'.
    2. Resetting all chrome flags to default helped. Now Options executed from chrome://extensions opens the options in a new tab instead. Not sure what flag triggered this embedded window. I already had the flag for 'Material Design Extensions Window' turned off.
  • Found the flag that enabled the embedded options in extensions, and caused the problem;
    Embedded extension options Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS
    Display extension options as an embedded element in chrome://extensions rather than opening a new tab. #enable-embedded-extension-options
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!