Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Bug Report for Resizing Popup window

I know one of the recent changes has to do with resizing popup windows that appear when a "desktop notification" is clicked. This causes a bug...

In the settings page.
Notification Tab > Rich Notification
 - Clicking anywhere on notification: set to "Open In popup"
 - I clicked "Test it out" (with an email marked as unread), a popup notification shows up as expected
 - Clicking on the notification itself, a new window pops up, with the email showing, as expected
Bug:
 - When I go to resize the popup window containing the actual email, the email disappears, and returns me to my list of mailboxes.
 - previously, this will resize the outer window, but the message "frame" remains unchanged

Expected behavior
 - Shouldn't the message remain, while the message "frame" resize to fill up the popup window? 

Comments

• I didn't think anyone would catch that bug :) ... because of the steps required to reproduce it
  • hahaha, but... that's the only way I use your plugin!

See, I have a mac pro + 27 inch monitor. It makes the fonts super tiny. So I have the default font size in chrome set to +125%. The result was that when ever I'm viewing the email in the popup window, the right side always gets chopped off a bit. 

If you can't fix the resize problem, can you give an option to set the popup window size?
     - Something like General > Compose and reply button > open in popup window > set position and size
     - Add that set position and size option to Clicking anywhere on notification: "open in popup" 

I would rather see that option first, over fixing the resizing issue, because right now, I have to resize every single time. If I could set a default size, it'd be perfect.
  • edited March 2014
    Excellent idea, in version 16.5 it will follow the rules setup for "Set position and size of popup window"
    and i will also fix the resize issue.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!