Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Google Calendar Reminder integration

2»

Comments

• Starred it and +1'd it. Then read the post asking to just star and NOT add a comment (+1). So for those that follow me in this thread - Just start the Google issue, but don't add a non-technical comment...

• Is this feature now available? How can I create a reminder and not an event from the extension popup menu?

• @Ivo Velitchkov Google has still not released the API for reminders to developers.

Please star this issue so that the Google Calendar team can prioritize it, do not write +1 https://code.google.com/a/google.com/p/apps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=4437

• @Jason workaround for the time being with a **** caveat that we accept it's a hack?

• @Tim S Thanks for helping, but such hacks usually leaves me the developer with extra maintenance and users being upset that things bring unexpectedly or stop working due to a lack of reliable API. Hopefully Google does release the official API.

• I've starred the issue. Thanks for all your work, Jason.

• Frustratingly, we finally got a response, but it was: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36760283#comment371

mu...@google.com<mu...@google.com> #371

Jun 11, 2021 06:23AM

Hello everyone,

At the current stage, there is no intent of adding an API for reminders. However, as an alternative, you can make use of Tasks API in order to achieve an almost identical functionality like the reminders.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards

Message last modified on Jun 11, 2021 06:29AM

(.......I starred it anyway, of course.)

• Hmm, I see... Well.. Tossed my 2 bits (starred) into the mix -for what it's worth- but I doubt I'll live long enough to see that 'star' trek anywhere useful, so I'll return to 'Events'.

Never did like Google's stupid string-on-a-finger image in 'Reminders' anyway & it didn't offer enough detail or versatility, either. Hell, y'can't even set each 'Reminder's' color individually (BORING!) I'll stick with what works now; 'Tasks' & 'Reminders' always were "also-rans" anyway!

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!