Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Error with "Grab the entire page"

Hi!
When select "Grab the entire page", i see error in popup (bottom):
"Error: Cannot access contents of the page. Extension manifest must request permission to access the respective host."

My system: Apple Mac Mini (10.8), one monitor (now), latest Chrome.

imageimage

P.S.
   Other extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fullscreenrrr-full-webpag/ihaobgceoogckalioenpheioedgjaahk work fine - simple scrolling full page to end, and grab.

Comments

• Try a different page like yahoo.com and see if it works, some "particular" internal chrome pages cannot be grabbed with this method - or try a different capture method and let me know.
  • I try capture yahoo.com and (many different sites) - results:
    - method "entire page" not work (((
    - other methods work fine.

• hmm it it working for me, try restarting the browser and let me know
    if that doesn't work then after try re-installing the extension.
  • - restarting the browser.
    - re-installing the extension.
    Capture entire page not work (((
  • hmm I even tested it on my girlfriend's Mac and it's working for both of us. Let's see if other people get this issue - you might have to use the other capture methods for now.
    Maybe it's your Chrome version on your specific Mac Mini.
  • Error catch by line "chrome.tabs.executeScript(tab.id, {file:"js/contentScript.js"}" in function "grabEntirePage".

"tab" permission - gives extension access to privileged fields of the Tab objects used by several APIs including chrome.tabs

I compare code extensions - your extension without permission "tab"
  • I know I removed this permission but it still does work if you execute the script on the current page but only when the user clicks an extension button. (exception)

Try from another machine if you can or ask a friend i would be curious if it works.
  • I found bug/problem: active tab incorrect detect in function getActiveTab.

Code before:

//return 1st active tab
    function getActiveTab(callback) {
    chrome.tabs.query({'active': true}, function(tabs) {
    if (tabs) {
    callback(tabs[0]);
    } else {
    callback();
    }
    });
    }

Code after:

//return selected tab
    chrome.tabs.getSelected(null, callback);
    }

Work fine! 
  • Hmm but that method is "deprecated" see the doc here: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs#method-getSelected
  • Update.

Code after:

//return selected tab
    chrome.tabs.query({'active': truelastFocusedWindow: true}, function(tabs) {
    if (tabs) {
    callback(tabs[0]);
    } else {
    callback();
    }
    });
    }

Work fine! 
  • ah now that makes sense, great debugging! I need you as my #1 bug finder for all my extensions :)
  • Thanks for you!

You create good extensions with nice actual look.

• Simple question: 
      when update with bugfix? :)
  • soon and today, but i'm adding some new translations at the same time,
    actually can help me translate this line in russian? "Grab the entire screen"
  • edited January 2016
    "Grab the entire screen": "Сохранить весь экран"

in russian translation need little fix: 
    "Grab..." not "Выбрать..." (select), right logical translate "Сохранить..." (like "Save..." ). 

• edited January 2016
    "grabVisiblePart": {"message": "Сохранить всю видимую часть страницы"},
    "grabSelectedArea": {"message": "Сохранить часть страницы"},
    "grabEntirePage": {"message": "Сохранить всю страницу"},
    "grabWindow": {"message": "Сохранить весь браузер или окно"},
    "grabEntireScreen": {"message": "Сохранить весь экран"},
  • v8.0.17 is live thanks for the translations.
  • Thank you! Work fine. Problem solved.

P.S.
    You can send me problems (hardest) in your extensions. Sometime, i have time for free debug.

• Hi,
    I am using Grab Entire Page, and on 3 out of 4 different webpages, it captured the whole page, but shows a white blank area in the middle of the screen grab. This is not part of the page, it's covering either an image or in the middle of a text block, seeming to blank out the text. It worked correctly on 1 of the 4 different sites. Could an Ad Block affect this? But I haven't had a problem before ever. 
  • Please send me links sites, i check and debug.

Also "Grab Entire Page" depend on scrolling page and speed render visible parts.

• @brenda.ieriko

Thanks for debugging this one Mr igk1972 :)
    Just a note, if you want Brenda to be notified of your comment you have to add the "@brenda.ieriko" on a separate line like i did at the top or else only the person who started this discussion (you) and me will get notified.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!