Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Suggestion: "Send page link" should be included in the "Gmail popup window"

so i dont need an extra click to go to the "checker plus pop up window" when i have selected "gmail pop up window" by default in my settings. I have this setting on purpose so its faster to send a new mail, but i dont want to lose "send page link" to have it handy...

Comments

• ok it's a good suggestion, but can I suggest to you to stop using the all CAPITAL LETTERS in the subject lines of your posts ;)
  • I configured the settings to open the pop-up when there's unread mail, but go to gmail when no unread. May I suggest implementing this by adding a simple "Send Page Link" bellow the "Compose" item at the extension's button right-click.

I wonder if it would it work if I add a javascript to the "Quick Contact"... 

Kudos on the extension!
  • @ramenendez good suggestion, hmm i could even add it any page's context menu (not just the button's context menu)
  • You'll be glad to hear I have added this in version 18.1.14 Update instructions
    http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Send_page_link
  • edited April 2015
    1) i have:

-email link
    -email link to xxx

but i dont have:

-email link to xxx "with message"

2) it would be nice if you add to the "gmail pop up window" the quick actions of the "checker plus pop up window", like: delete, spam, mark read, send page link, etc...so i dont need to open each mail to decide what to do...

or if not, add "compose mail within the pop up" on the "checker plus pop up window".
    thanks.
  • the email link to xxx "with message" is available when you right click on a "page" (not from the button)

but there are already action buttons (without having to do a right click)
  • you didnt get it:

1) in that window you show, there s no way to "compose mail" WITHIN the pop up, it always open another heavy stuff...

2) i have "send link" and "send link to xxx' in the "right mouse click", but no "with a message".
  • 2) page, WITH MESSAGE doesnt appear.
  • so 1) is basically difficult to make in the same pop up WITH also quick buttons?
  • Did you enable the quick contact? more info http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Quick_contact
  • yes, just the last action is missing "with message"
  • please send me a screenshot?
  • how t do fast?
  • Windows+PrintScr then paste it here
  • perhaps i need t restart pc? for that t appear?
  • hmm strange maybe there is a limit because you have a lot of other menu items from other extensions?
  • oh i figured it out the "with message" is only available if you use the adding accounts manually method - http://jasonsavard.com/wiki/Account_sign_in_methods
  • ok, but i prefer not to mess around with that "adding manually" i cant understand the differences correctly...

and what about integrating "compose mail" within the pop up instead of having to go to "switch to inbox"?
  • The link I sent about that should answer all the questions, it would be very difficult
  • ok thanks
  • Jason, thank you!  I love this new feature!  
  • @eliezer.broder Thanks for the support and thank you EZE for the suggestion :)
  • Hi Jason, sorry to revive and old thread.  I don;t seem to be able to find the "Email Page Link..." in the context menu from the BUTTON, as pictured here: 

It's in the context when right-clicking on a page, but not in the menu button. Here's a pic from my own menu:

Thanks in advance!

Rick.
  • @ramenendez

Yeah will have to update that image, Chrome has set a limit to the menu items so I had to remove/move the "Email page link" from the button and just leave in the page right click context menu. Personally I think it's more intuitive anyways when you want to send a page.
  • Oh, I see.  I would tend to think the opposite...  lol

But, just because:
    1)  I go to the button for all my email needs
    2)  The page context menu is overcrowded with many apps options
    3)  The page context is like 2 additional steps

Just my 2 cts. No biggie if it's been requested like that or you feel it's better implemented.

Thanks again for the great extension and awesome support! :)
  • BTW, are you talking about the 

chrome.contextMenus.ACTION_MENU_TOP_LEVEL_LIMIT

I think you can squeeze 6 items, not 5. 

Me, myself, I hardly use the Refresh, Quick Contact or DND ones... But I digress... =/
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!