Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos Changelog About Contact English Dark mode
Chrome extensions you can't live without!
Extensions Blog Press Contribute Support FAQ Videos About Contact

Yahoo Mail Header Advertizing

I have been using Webmail Ad Blocker 3.2.6 in Google Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 m and it's worked great removing ads on the right hand side of screen but now as of today, Yahoo has random as messages from Sponsors in the header bar of the mail between messages and the mail function tools. It is laid out like it's a message but if I click on it to open, it takes me to a link of the sponsor's site. It does not appear that I can attach a screen shot here of inspect elements and what it looks like. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• You definitely can attach screenshots here, try the "screenshots" below or just paste in your screen into this window
  • I didn't see this earlier or I would have. Here you go and note that the word "sponsor" is located 5 times in inspect elements. I did search so the first appears in this screenshot. This is a dot docx file. Let me know if you can not read and what format would you prefer if not this way. Also let me know if you need more in depth info such as each of the 5 "sponsor" locations and what they say. I don't suppose there is a way to capture all this information in one file to send. .image
  • ok great screenshot, now i need to pinpoint the exact div layer, can you select one layer let's start with the one you highlighted in yellow and go up. When you select/click on a layer you should see in the webpage the highlighted area. My goal is to find the largest layer that compromises all of the ad which should be whole strip above the messages.
  • Hi, Jason- Your app worked great for the right pane ads, but was there ever a solution communicated/resolved for the inline sponsor ads in the header bar?

Thanks very much -- If I had any hair, I would thank you for helping to preserve it, as if not for your app ... I would definitely be pulling it out due to those frustrating advertisements!
  • Hi Jason,

I also would like to know if you have any plans to act on the "Sponsored" ads in the message area of yahoo mail that Glenn idenentified.  I just switched back to the free yahoo mail and these ads in the message area are especially annoying.  Cool extension.  Keep up the good work. 

Mark
  • I generally recommend using my extension in conjunction with the other "general" ad blocker extensions, as mine is great for expanding the email area the others are experienced in removing all other common ads within websites such as the one your referring to i believe.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info
Got it!